Sunday, June 3, 2012

May empties, or close enough

With this being my first month keeping a blog, I purchased a few more things than I normally do and also forgot to keep some of the things that I've went through, so this is a rather small empties post. I have another bad habit of relegating products I don't like to the bottom of my makeup bag, only to be left there for far beyond the recommended date of use. Maybe I'll do a post on those...

Moving on.




1. St. Ives Purify Exfoliating Body Wash


I bought this after a friend recommended it to me. I really like the scent, which is light and clean as well as the "salt" used for exfoliation. It's not too abrasive but I can feel it's getting the job done.  The price for the money is good in my opinion, since this has lasted me several months with regular use. I generally use it with a loofa or scrubbing gloves for extra impact, but seems to work well with just using my hands.

2. L'Oreal Clean Artiste Makeup Remover


I seriously had this for close, if not more, than a year. Prior to buying the Clarisonic Mia, I would just use this on a q-tip to get the makeup residue off after washing my face. Now I use it to take up my eye makeup and then wiping off the rest of my face before using the Mia. I thought it worked pretty well, until I bought a bottle of the Neutrogena makeup remover. In comparison, this stuff just doesn't seem to work as well and I have to wipe my eyelashes quite a bit to get all my mascara off (it's not even waterproof). So it's okay but I think there are better products.

3/4. Kerastase Cristalliste Bain Cristal Shampoo/Conditioner samples


These were in my May Birchbox along with some oil from the same line. Smelled great. The problem I have is that I don't think that I can tell if it works with just two to three uses. However, I wasn't about to buy these either, no matter how great they were since one bottle is $36 for 250 ml (or 8.5 oz) and $39 for the conditioner. Sorry. Unless that shit makes my hair grow money, I'm not buying it.

Some of the things that I threw away before I realized I needed them, or in some cases when I forgot, were some cotton pads and a tube of toothpaste (maybe that was last month).

No comments:

Post a Comment